Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sneak Peak (Part ONE)....

Remember back in November, when I told you guys about our "journey".....

Well we are finally getting towards the "end" of that journey. We are just days away from moving in and I wanted to get some pictures of the house while it was empty. Of course, I will have some AFTER pictures once we get settled in! But here is a sneak peak of the bedrooms......

This is the stairway leading up to the bedrooms.... I fell in love with the color immediately. It doesn't show so great in the pictures since my camera stinks the lighting isn't so great.





The girls' room. One of my favorite rooms! The color turned out perfect! I can't wait to decorate it! By the way.... most of the people that have been through my house have commented that all of the colors are so "perfect". I have this huge process for picking my paint colors.
1. Take home 75 paint samples from Menards AND Lowes.
2. Pick out a general color. (Let's say it is purple....)
3. Go back and get EVERY purple imaginable.
4. Lay them all out together and start narrowing them down in a very scientific way. (Ok...maybe not scientific)
5. After being very critical of every sample, you have the PERFECT color!
Anyways.... my husband likes tease me about this process! I am definitely NOT one to over-analyze things, can ya tell???



The girls' closet. The bedrooms all have these large walk-ins. This is where the girls hibernate with their barbies!


Ashton and Bryson's room. This one is gonna be so cute when it's decorated! It will have a cowboy theme!


Nolan and Nevin's room. Farm animals and tractors to come. 'Nuff said!



Me and Dave's room. It's actually at the bottom of the stairs. Still a little work to do in here.

There you have it! I will be taking more pics of the house this week. Most of it is getting the finishing touches! More to come.......

3 comments:

Devin said...

It looks great Kacy! So excited for you, that you are finally coming to the end of this long journey!

jillybean said...

Excellent! So much thought and time invested! I'm happy for you guys to be close to the finish line. Enjoy! I love the staircase by the way.

The Carpenters said...

Looks awesome! Great work!