Thursday, October 23, 2008

My 30th Birthday!


Well, today was my 30th birthday. Wow...I never thought I would be "in my 30's". Don't get me wrong, I am glad I am! I loved my 20's. They were awesome. I had our first son one week after I turned 20. THAT was a great way to start out my 20's!!! It kept getting better and better as he grew into such a wonderful young man and we added 5 more to the crew! But, I just always assumed, my 20's would last forever. Well, they ended today and I can honestly say, that I am TOTALLY ok with that!



Today was not REAL eventful. We had a great day though! We got the big kids off to school. I cleaned my mother-in-law's house ( I do this weekly). Then for lunch, Dave and I went to the Beef House and had a great meal with our 3 little guys. We ran into a "friend" and he paid for our meal! That was so generous. When the kids came home from school, they gave me their sweet homemade cards and 2 pairs of the cutest lounge pants I have ever seen! I LOVE lounge pants....they are a daily piece of clothing for me! Dave had to work, so he wasn't able to go to Georgetown with us, but that's ok. We went to Mom and Dad's house for an impromptu dinner and then to Revival at Church. A very good day!!!



Everybody has been sympathetic with me as I turned 30. But I have to say in return, 30 is not at all hard for me! I am at such an amazing point in my life. I couldn't possibly love life any more than I actually do right now! I am so blessed that God has chosen such an amazing husband for me. We have had 6 of THE cutest/smartest/sweetest/wackiest kids...HANDS DOWN!!! My parents, my in-laws, and the rest of our extended family are absolutely the most supportive and loving family that anyone could imagine. What would I EVER have to complain about?!??!!



So, here's to my 30's! I am looking forward to the next amazing decade of my life! Who knows, maybe we'll add another 6 kids in 10 years!

1 comment:

Devin said...

Kacy,

This looks GREAT! I know you are going to love blogging, I am so addicted to it. I must say, I don't have that many hobbies anymore...I just don't have a ton of extra time...but I would definitely consider this my favorite thing to do in my spare time. I have met so many great people, too, it is amazing!

I turn 30 in January. I have never freaked out about age, but turning 30 just seems so weird to me! I don't feel any older than I did in high school, you know? It seems weird that that was almost 12 years ago. OUCH. Reading your perspective about where you are at, and how happy you are in your life challenged me again not to think of my age in years, so that was encouraging...thank you! I feel so blessed by God everyday, too.

I will be sure to add you to my list of blogs to check everyday. Time just goes so fast, it is nice to have something like this to remember the little things by. Just wait, when you come back 6 months from now and read something one of the kids said...it makes the time it takes to 'write everything down' so worth it!

I'll be back--did I mention the kids are SOOOOOOOOO cute!?